This Update contains links to full-text environmental health articles published in the Bulletin of the World Health Organization from January through June 2003. Click on the author names to link to the articles.
Child Survival/Diarrheal Diseases
- Editorial: Micronutrient deficiency – an underlying cause of morbidity and mortality. Robert Black [pdf 37Kb] – February 2003.
- The global burden of diarrhoeal disease. Margaret Kosek, et al [pdf 175Kb] – March 2003
- The global burden of diarrhoeal disease in children. Umesh D. Parashar, et al [pdf 38Kb] –April 2003.
- Implementation of WHO malnutrition guidelines in Africa. Jacqueline L. Deen, et al [pdf 693Kb] – April 2003.
- Public Health Classic: Framework for the study of Child Survival.. W. Henry Mosley & Lincoln C. Chen [pdf 552Kb] – February 2003.
- Public Health Classic: Commentary-Frameworks for studying the determinants of child survival. Kenneth Hill [pdf 46.8Kb – February 2003.
Health Impact Assessment
- Commentary: Complexity and rigour in assessing the health dimensions of sectoral policies and programmes. Majid Ezzati [pdf 50.2Kb] – June 2003
- Editorial: Perspectives on health impact assessment. John Kemm [pdf 38Kb] – June 2003.
- Health impact assessment in international development assistance: the World Bank experience. Jean-Roger Mercier [pdf 50.7Kb] – June 2003.
- Towards health impact assessment of drinking-water privatization — the example of waterborne carcinogens in North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany). Rainer Fehr, et al [pdf 824Kb] – June 2003.
- Editorial: Healthy environments for children. Carol Bellamy [pdf 37Kb] – March 2003.
- Editoral: New water forum will repeat old message. Jamie Bartram [pdf 33Kb] – March 2003.
- Water, sanitation, and hygiene education for diarrhoea in northern Pakistan.
D. Nanan, et al [pdf 85 Kb] – March 2003.
- Comparative efficacy of pyrethroids for impregnation of mosquito nets. Jean-Marc Hougard, et al [pdf 1.11Mb] – May 2003.
- Cost-effectiveness of social marketing for insecticide-treated nets. Kara Hanson, et al [pdf 461Kb] – April 2003
- Cost-effectiveness of Japanese encephalitis immunization in Shanghai, China. Ding Ding, et al [pdf 993Kb] – May 2003.
- Effects of malaria chemoprophylaxis in children. Paul D. Prinsen Geerligs, et al [pdf 153Kb] – March 2003.
- Rapid assessment of malaria during pregnancy. Monica E. Parise, et al [pdf 714Kb] – May 2003.
- Self-treatment of malaria in rural southern Ethiopia. Wakgari Deressa, et al [pdf 772Kb] – April 2003.
- Treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis with aminosidine in the Islamic Republic of Iran.M. Albonico, et al [pdf 900Kb] – May 2003.
- Use of paracetamol in febrile children. Fiona M. Russell, et al [pdf 556Kb] – May 2003
- Editorial: Public–private partnerships for health require thoughtful evaluation. – Roy Widdus [pdf 38 Kb] – April 2003.
- Private providers and implications for public health. Natasha Palmer, et al [pdf 591Kb] – April 2003.
- Health research systems: a framework for the future. Ritu Sadana & Tikki Pang [pdf 37Kb] – March 2003.
- Household willingness to pay for trachoma treatment in the United Republic of Tanzania.
Kevin D. Frick, et al [124Kb] – February 2003.
- Management of acute respiratory infections in Bangladesh. Abdullahel Hadi [pdf 88Kb] – March 2003.
E-health has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We work mostly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure accurate information. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.