Below are links to a variety of full-text resources for planning, implementing and monitoring PHE projects and activities.
Search PHE Reports by country, author, title or keyword.
3 — Scaling Up
A – Design/Planning Tools
A1 – Guidelines and Frameworks
- Foundations for Success – — Measures of Success: Designing, Managing and Monitoring Conservation and Development Projects, 1998 by R. Margoluis, et al. (only certain chapters are available online)
- Population Action International – — What You Need to Know to Apply for US Government Funding for Community-Based Projects Linking Reproductive Health and Natural Resource Management. An Unofficial Guide. 2005.
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc. – — Philippines CRM Framework and Entry Points for Population and Health Interventions.
- Opportunities in population and health for community forest user groups in Nepal. 2006. Environmental Health IQC.
- PHE Indicator Matrix. 2006. || — PHE Strategic Framework. 2006.
- World Wildlife Fund
- Conservation on a Crowded Planet: A Population Sourcebook for Conservation Practitioners. 2002.
- Mapping the Connections: Population-Environment Lessons from Madagascar. 2002.
A2 – Lessons Learned/Best Practices
- Conservation International – — Combining Conservation and Care: Lessons Learned from Population Environment Initiatives. 2006. (pdf, 11.6MB)
- Packard Foundation
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc.
- Impacts of a Population-Environment Program on Coastal Ecosystem Health, Livelihood and Human Well-being: The Case of IPOPCORM in Culion, Palawan. 2006.
- The Rewards of Innovation: A Review of Successful Piloting of the Integrated Population and Coastal Resource Management Project, 2004. (pdf , 1.42 MB)
- USAID – Madagascar: PHE Lessons Learned. Environmental Health Project. 2004. (pdf, 27.2KB)
A3 – Scaling up
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc – Bringing IPOPCORM to Scale in Coastal Philippines. 2006.
B -Implementation Tools
B1 – Training Modules
- PATH Philippines – IPOPCORM
- Community Based Distributors (CBD) Training Curriculum. 2004.
- Community Health Outreach Workers (CHOW) Training of Trainers Manual. 2005.
- Couple Peer Educators’ Training Curriculum, 2004. (pdf, 6.41MB)
- Couple Peer Educators’ Refresher Course: Training Manual, 2004. (pdf, 741KB)
- Environment Friendly Enterprise Development: Project Implementing Guidelines. (pdf, 55KB)
- Male Peer Educators’ Training Curriculum, 2003. (pdf, 926KB)
- Male Peer Educators’ Refresher Course: Training Manual, 2004. (pdf, 510KB)
- Youth Peer Educators’ Refresher Training I: Training Manual, 2003. (pdf, 524KB)
- Youth Sexuality, Reproductive Health and Environmental Education Peer Educator’s Training: Training Manual, 2003. (pdf, 120KB)
- Save the Children – Family Planning Session Guide
- Report Cover (pdf, 99KB) || Introduction (pdf, 35KB)
- Task I: Anatomy of Human Reproduction and Task II: Couples’ Perception of Family Planning and the Different Risk Groups (pdf, 1.44MB)
- Task III: Population and Environment Links || Task IV: Family Planning Methods || Task V: Family Planning Methods
B2 -IEC and Behavior Change Communication (BCC) Tools
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc.
B3 – Implementation – Job Descriptions/Job Aids
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc – IPOPCORM
C – Monitoring and Evaluation Tools
- Carolina Population Center – — Compendium on Indicators for Evaluating Reproductive Health Programs, Vol 1 and 2. 2002.
- Conservation International – — Healthy Families, Healthy Forests: Combining Reproductive Health with Biodiversity Protection for Effective Programming. 2005.
- Environmental Science for Social Change (ESSC) – Evaluation of the Alternative Advocacy Project in the Visayas Region of the Philippines. Report on the Results of a Baseline PHE Survey among Policymakers. 2006.
- Foundations of Success – — Measures of Success: Designing, Managing and Monitoring Conservation and Development Projects. 1998. (only certain chapters are available online)
- John Snow Incorporated (JSI) – Performance Monitoring Plan 2002-2005 Madagascar Green Healthy Communities Project , 2005. (pdf, 221KB)
- PATH Foundation Philippines Inc. – IPOPCORM
- Behavioral Monitoring Surveys. 2004. (pdf, 732KB)
- Evaluation Design for the IPOPCORM Initiative. 2005.
- Integrated Indicators for Measuring Impact and Synergy. 2006.
- Mid-Term Evaluation: The Rewards of Innovation – A Review of the Successful Piloting of the Integrated Population and Coastal Resource Management Project, 2004. (pdf, 1.41MB)
- Population Reference Bureau – A Framework To Identify Gender Indicators For Reproductive Health and Nutrition Programming, 2002.
- Woodrow Wilson Center, Environmental Change and Security Project – When the Whole is Greater than the Sum of it Parts: Integrated Indicators for Population-Environment Programs. 2003.
- World Bank
D – Advocacy and Networking Tools
- PATH Foundation Phillippines Inc. – IPOPCORM
- Population Action International – – What You Need to Know to Apply for US Government Funding for Community-Based Projects Linking Reproductive Health and Natural Resource Management. An Unofficial Guide.
- Population Reference Bureau – — Reporting on Population, Health, and the Environment: A Media Guide for Central American Journalists., 2007. (pdf, full-text). Spanish version (pdf, full-text).
E-health has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We work mostly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure accurate information. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.