Dietary supplements are usually part of the program when people start to exercise to lose excess weight. For women, Leanbean has become a household name.
Leanbean is a weight loss supplement specially designed for women. A U.K.-based company, Ultimate Life, is the maker of Leanbean. The founder is an ex-professional dancer, Lizzie Bland, who started the company in 2015 after moving to Australia. This company is also the name behind the brand Powher Cut, a women-centric pre-workout.
Leanbean pills promise to curb cravings, boost metabolism, and burn fat.
We’ll get into the details of the weight loss pills in this Leanbean review before and after using the supplement. We’ll highlight all the features, pros, and cons of Leanbean.
When sourcing for supplement reviews, you can look at two main places: The science and the social proof.
The science offers knowledge on the intricate mechanism of a substance, its dosages, and potential side effects. The social proof is the aftermath of using the supplement that further clarifies the available scientific research.
Social proof also highlights other parts of a business; customer service, priceworthiness, shipping, and return policies.
Looking at Leanbean, this brand has built a good reputation as it has been in the market for almost a decade. There hasn’t been any reported misconduct or FDA warning letters addressed to Ultimate Life.
So how do they manage to stay relevant?
The following are some possible reasons that this is the case.
Since the weight loss supplementation industry is saturated by thousands of brands, it’s paramount to settle on only high-quality varieties. These kinds are made using safe and effective ingredients sourced and manufactured with the best methods.
So, in a nutshell, you may measure a product’s quality based on:
- Independent lab tests.
- Brand transparency.
- Manufacturing practices.
Independent Lab Tests
Many Leanbean reviews attest that these weight loss pills are third-party tested. However, we did not find a mention or links to reports on the test results on their website. This can cast a cloud of doubt to new buyers who only buy from third-party tested brands with available proof.
Third-party lab tests are vital as they prove the formula’s content. They also affirm that the supplement is free of other potentially harmful elements like metals, pathogens, and artificial additives.
The first sign of brand transparency is an open and accurately dosed ingredient label. Brands that sell proprietary formulas usually miss out on this perk since they do not list an ingredient’s exact content.
Certifying a brand’s transparency may also include looking at its ingredient claims and linking them to the provided science.
In this case, we scrutinize Leanbean’s appetite suppression, energy boosting, and metabolism enhancer claims based on science.
We are pleased to report that Leanbean offers ample information with proof of the studies. The only downside is that some studies are outdated.
Leanbean producers manufacture it in a Good Manufacturing Practices-certified facility.
One thing to note is that these facilities also handle several allergens, including milk, eggs, and fish. The product also contains sulfites. Sulfites are food preservatives that are well-tolerated by most but may cause some reactions to some.
Leanbean Ingredients Analysis
Leanbean has a total of six natural ingredients. The formula is vegan, but allergens may cross-contaminate it. This is because Ultimate Life manufactures its fat-burning supplements in a facility that handles the following:
- Milk, wheat, soy, peanuts, eggs, fish, crustacean shellfish, sesame seeds, and tree nuts.
When we dive deeper into the ingredients, here is how they match up to the brand’s claims:
Vitamins B6 And B12
To kickstart, these essential vitamins aid optimal energy metabolism, reducing fatigue. Having energy during a weight loss journey is crucial to help you get through strenuous exercises.
Choline optimizes liver health, limiting fat accumulation in the liver and lowering obesity and fatty liver disease. Optimum liver health is necessary for numerous metabolic processes, particularly fat oxidation. This process initiates the release of ATP, your body’s energy carrier cells. This means that choline is the second energy-giving ingredient that effectively combats fatigue and tiredness.
Glucomannan is an ingredient that boasts appetite suppression and craving-curbing benefits. This component is a soluble fiber that soaks water and becomes a gel. This gel expands in your stomach, promoting satiety. With a higher satiety, you consume fewer calories.
Acai Berry, i.e., Cabbage Palm
Studies support that antioxidants attenuate inflammatory processes, lower body weight, and lower heart disease occurrence. Antioxidants also enhance insulin sensitivity, reduce blood sugar levels, and potentially boost fat metabolism. The dietary fiber present also aids in satiety alongside glucomannan.
Green Coffee Bean Extract
This plant extract is rich in chlorogenic acid, a tested metabolism booster that reduces fasting blood sugar. With lower blood glucose levels, there is an apparent improvement in insulin sensitivity, and this reduces cravings.
|Promotes satiety||Concrete Evidence|
|Enhances metabolism||Concrete Evidence|
|Boosts energy||Concrete Evidence|
Leanbean claims to manage cravings by using glucomannan. There is plenty of evidence supporting its effectiveness in curbing food cravings. Glucomannan becomes viscous in the stomach, and it facilitates a delayed gastric emptying rate. This viscosity also facilitates the regulation of glycemia and satiety-related hormones that aid appetite suppression.
Leanbean claims to boost metabolism using Acai berries, Vitamins B6 and B12, and green coffee extract.
Acai berry boosts the metabolic rate due to its anti-inflammatory properties, which regulate key targets associated with lipid metabolism. Vitamins B6 and B12 influence energy production, fat metabolism, and thyroid function. When these three systems are functioning optimally, they boost your metabolic rate.
The ingredients that accord you this benefit are choline, B vitamins, and green tea extracts.Choline has a positive impact on muscle function and energy metabolism. The B vitamins are key in energy production as they facilitate the carb-energy conversation. The Green Coffee Extract also encourages energy expenditure stimulation.
The brand’s reputation depends on several aspects of the business. First is an online and offline presence, and second is what clients say about the brand.
Leanbean has a divided online presence. On retailing, some vendors sell on Amazon, but according to the brand, you may get a counterfeit product. They mention this on one of their pages that they only sell through the website.
On marketing, they have social media profiles such as @leanbeanofficial. The brand is not as active in either account because their last post was in March 2023. They have almost 15 thousand followers collectively, which is a low number compared to competitors.
When we focus on past clients’ remarks, we refer to Trustpilot. Several Leanbean fat burner reviews mention the supplement’s effectiveness, supporting its energy-boosting and appetite-suppression claims.
Conversely, some reviews shunned their customer service. These also highlighted the faulty refund policy.
Leanbean Fat Burner is available on the brand’s official site. Here is the price of the weight loss supplement:
- A 1-Month Supply at $59.99 consists of a single bottle. If you are starting your weight loss journey and want to try Leanbean, you can start with this offer.
- 3-Month Supply at $119.98 includes two bottles and free shipping to the U.S. and the U.K. This is ideal if you have already used the weight loss pills and if they worked for you.
- The 6-Month Supply is valued at $189.97 and contains three bottles with complimentary shipping to the U.S. and the U.K. This offer saves you big bucks if you are on a long-term weight loss journey.
For an additional $40, you can also purchase the Leanbean custom-made sports bra directly from their website. Having this apparel is a great way to complement your weight loss journey and fitness routine with the perfect gear.
Shipping fees apply during checkout, depending on the delivery location. The brand offers a return policy that extends for 90 days. This return policy only applies to first orders of the 6-month Complete Bundle Purchase. The one and three-month supplies are not eligible for the money-back guarantee.If you would love more assistance, contact the Leanbean support team at [email protected]. Before you send your query, check out their FAQs page to see if your answer is already there.
Alternatives To Leanbean
Leanbean is one of many weight loss pills available. Other fat burners that can help women shed some excess body fat worldwide are:
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Free shipping worldwide.
- Boosts thermogenesis day and night.
- Clinically proven and tested ingredients.
- Only available on the brand website.
- Contains well-researched ingredients.
- Limits carbs and fat absorption.
- Reduces appetite.
- Some side effects.
- Natural ingredients.
- Suppresses appetite.
- Increases metabolism.
- May present nausea as a side effect.
Health Benefits Of Taking Leanbean
Leanbean’s health benefits are linked to its ingredients. Here is the entire list of benefits of the Leanbean diet pills formula:
Better Weight Management
Leanbean fat burner for women, with its blend of natural ingredients, aims to support healthy body weight. These ingredients are remarkably effective in addressing weight management from multiple approaches. This may be helpful since weight gain and obesity can result in several body systems not functioning optimally.
Glucomannan targets the digestive system, limiting food consumption. Choline focuses on liver health, reducing fat accumulation, and optimizing energy production. Green coffee extract works through the endocrine system. The endocrine regulates hormone production, which controls appetite, metabolism, and body fat distribution. Optimizing these body systems facilitates better body weight management.
Improved Insulin Sensitivity
Insulin resistance occurs when cells fail to respond to insulin appropriately. Insulin is a hormone that facilitates the conversion of glucose to energy. When cells resist insulin, blood glucose levels rise, and the sugar you consume isn’t efficiently converted into energy.
With high blood glucose levels, the average fat metabolism slows down. This leads to increased food cravings and accelerates fat accumulation as the unconverted sugar becomes stubborn back or belly fat.
Improved insulin sensitivity reverses this condition, making cells less resistant and highly responsive to insulin. An improved insulin sensitivity normalizes lipid metabolism, regulates blood sugar levels, and reduces the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It becomes easier to develop healthy eating habits, which helps you lose weight overnight.
The ingredients that aid this are green coffee bean extract and acai berries.
Enhanced Metabolic Rate
Leanbean may help you accelerate your body’s calorie consumption.
Green tea extract, acai berry, and vitamins B6 and B12 in a Leanbean weight loss supplement offer this benefit.
Its effects on energy metabolism, in turn, may result in increased energy expenditure, fastening the burning of stored fat as a primary energy source. The outcome is the reduction of stubborn fat and successful weight loss.
Once you can control your cravings, you are halfway through a weight loss journey. This is because once you can limit your food intake, you consume fewer calories, facilitating a calorie deficit. This reduced calorie intake promotes burning stored fat for energy rather than from the carbs you consume.
It sounds easy, but as we all know, appetite suppression is far more challenging to do in reality. Leanbean makers have ensured that using their product while on a calorie-controlled diet will be easier. This benefit is due to the glucomannan in the formula.
With a full tummy, you will have no urge to consume more food.
Energy Production Boost
If you are on a well-planned weight loss journey, there will be times you will feel weak and lethargic. This may happen after a strenuous workout or if you are on a calorie-controlled diet. Whatever the case, you need energy to keep going and weight loss supplements may help.
Leanbean has vitamins B6 and B12 that accord you this natural energy production boost.
Antioxidants are the only fix to reduce oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is when an overpopulation of free radicals damages cells and tissue.
If oxidative stress harms any organ or system that regulates body weight and fat accumulation, it compromises their functioning. This damage may lead to some chronic conditions like obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. It may also lead to cognitive impairments.
The acai berry, vitamins, and green coffee bean extract in Leanbean offer your body this fix.
Possible Side Effects
One of the benefits of using a weight loss supplement with an all-natural formula is the reduced anticipated side effects. Regardless, some individuals may experience side effects due to an allergic reaction, an overdose, or when using a counterfeit product.
Here are a few possible side effects when using Leanbean.
- Digestive Sensitivity: Given the dietary fiber content, glucomannan may induce nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and constipation. This is a common reaction when you increase your fiber intake. You can manage this discomfort if you increase your hydration.
- Headaches: For certain users, the green coffee extract in Leanbean might cause headaches or dizziness. This is mostly common if you have a high caffeine sensitivity. This effect may subside as your body becomes accustomed to the supplement.
- Allergic Reactions: The manufacturers of Leanbean do it in a facility that also handles several allergens. Stay clear from this supplement if you’re allergic to shellfish, fish, soy, wheat, milk, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, or sesame seeds.
Note: While these side effects are a possibility, it is not a guarantee that they may affect you. So, to be entirely safe, always read the label, follow the recommended dosage, and consult with a healthcare provider.
How To Take Leanbean
Here is how the manufacturers suggest you use it to get all the health benefits of Leanbean.
- Ingest two pills with a full 8-ounce glass of water before your main meals.
- Stick to the daily intake of six capsules. Two before breakfast, two before lunch and two before dinner.
- Ensure you drink plenty of water to prevent side effects such as constipation and bloating.
The manufacturer warns that pregnant and breastfeeding women shouldn’t use this product. They also advise you to refrain from using it if you already have or are predisposed to underlying health issues.
Leanbean Customer Reviews – What Do Real Users Say?
“I have only completed a one month course and have lost 8lbs and dropped a dress size. I feel amazing.”– Vicky
Outside the brand’s website, TrustPilot’s client remarks reflect that their customer service is poor. The Leanbean reviews negative comments on this site highlight a faulty money-back guarantee. Here is an example:
“Shocking customer service! Don’t bother starting this product as you will never be able to order again. They don’t have any stock to fulfil any orders. Do yourself a favour and find another product rather than wasting a lot of time and energy trying to deal with their slow and useless customer service.”– Tam
The Bottom Line
The weight loss process is a multi-faceted one that requires meticulous planning to do it safely. Weight loss can result from reduced water weight, fat loss, and, in some cases, muscle mass loss. Some of these approaches are safe, while others aren’t.
For these reasons, doing it healthily using fat burner supplements can be daunting because it requires commitment, discipline, and consistency. You cannot only use weight loss herbs for a week and expect significant weight loss results. You must incorporate these herbs into well-planned dieting, exercising, and supplementation routines. You also need to be patient and allow weight loss remedies to work.
It is the same when using Leanbean weight loss pills. Leanbean offers a natural fat burner formula that may help you finally shed stubborn belly fat.
As we have seen, the ingredients boost metabolism, suppress appetite, and offer energy. They also provide additional benefits of improving insulin sensitivity and reducing oxidative stress due to the antioxidant content.
Consult a registered dietitian before using the fat burner supplement. Please adhere to the dosages and know the side effects and benefits. Additionally, ALWAYS pair this or any other popular fat burner supplements with a balanced diet and exercise. When you do it right, you reap the best results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Leanbean is safe when you use it as directed. Still, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before starting any supplement, especially if you have underlying health conditions.
Leanbean is not FDA-approved. Dietary supplements like Leanbean are not subject to FDA approval.
Leanbean’s effectiveness can vary, but many users report seeing results within a few weeks of consistent use.
Leanbean does contain some caffeine from green coffee bean extract, but it’s not excessively stimulating. Always check the label for specific ingredient details.
Possible side effects of Leanbean may include digestive sensitivity, such as nausea or diarrhea, and, for some users, mild headaches or dizziness. These effects can vary from person to person.
+ 24 Sources
EHproject has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We work mostly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure accurate information. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.
- Anne Laure Tardy, Etienne Pouteau, Márquez, D., Çetin Yılmaz and Scholey, A. (2020). Vitamins and Minerals for Energy, Fatigue and Cognition: A Narrative Review of the Biochemical and Clinical Evidence. Nutrients, [online] 12(1), pp.228–228. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12010228.
- Turck, D., Bohn, T., Castenmiller, J., Stefaan De Henauw, Karen Ildico Hirsch‐Ernst, Helle Katrine Knutsen, Alexandre Maciuk, Mangelsdorf, I., McArdle, H.J., Androniki Naska, Pentieva, K., Thiès, F., Tsabouri, S., Vinceti, M., Bresson, J., Thibault Fiolet and Siani, A. (2023). Choline and contribution to normal liver function of the foetus and exclusively breastfed infants: evaluation of a health claim pursuant to Article 14 of Regulation (EC) No 1924/2006. EFSA Journal, [online] 21(7). doi:https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2023.8115.
- Auger, M. and Cohen, D.E. (2017). Triglyceride Metabolism in the Liver. Comprehensive Physiology, [online] pp.1–22. doi:https://doi.org/10.1002/cphy.c170012.
- Zalewski, B., Chmielewska, A. and Hania Szajewska (2015). The effect of glucomannan on body weight in overweight or obese children and adults: A systematic review of randomized controlled trials. Nutrition, [online] 31(3), pp.437-442.e2. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nut.2014.09.004.
- Virginia, A., Imbimbo, P., Antonella D’Agostino, Tirino, V., Finamore, R., Daria Maria Monti, Piccoli, R. and Schiraldi, C. (2020). Antioxidant and Hypolipidemic Activity of Açai Fruit Makes It a Valuable Functional Food. Antioxidants, [online] 10(1), pp.40–40. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox10010040.
- Lucas Fornari Laurindo, Sandra Maria Barbalho, Adriano Cressoni Araújo, Élen Landgraf Guiguer, Mondal, A., Bachtel, G. and Anupam Bishayee (2023). Açaí (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) in Health and Disease: A Critical Review. Nutrients, [online] 15(4), pp.989–989. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu15040989.
- Hurrle, S. and Hsu, W.H. (2017). The etiology of oxidative stress in insulin resistance. Biomedical Journal, [online] 40(5), pp.257–262. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bj.2017.06.007.
- Tun, S., Caleb James Spainhower, Cottrill, C.L., Hari Vishal Lakhani, Pillai, S.S., Anum Dilip, Chaudhry, H., Shapiro, J.I. and Sodhi, K. (2020). Therapeutic Efficacy of Antioxidants in Ameliorating Obesity Phenotype and Associated Comorbidities. Frontiers in Pharmacology, [online] 11. doi:https://doi.org/10.3389/fphar.2020.01234.
- Heggar Venkataramana Sudeep and Prasad, K. (2021). Supplementation of green coffee bean extract in healthy overweight subjects increases lean mass/fat mass ratio: A randomized, double-blind clinical study. Sage Open Medicine, [online] 9, p.205031212110025-205031212110025. doi:https://doi.org/10.1177/20503121211002590.
- Mehrnaz Morvaridi, Elham Rayyani, Malihe Jaafari, Alireza Khiabani and Mehran Rahimlou (2020). The effect of green coffee extract supplementation on cardio metabolic risk factors: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, [online] 19(1), pp.645–660. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s40200-020-00536-x.
- Omid Nikpayam, Najafi, M., Ghaffari, S., Mohammad Asghari Jafarabadi, Golbon Sohrab and Roshanravan, N. (2019). Effects of green coffee extract on fasting blood glucose, insulin concentration and homeostatic model assessment of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR): a systematic review and meta-analysis of interventional studies. Diabetology & Metabolic Syndrome, [online] 11(1). doi:https://doi.org/10.1186/s13098-019-0489-8.
- Shang, L., Wang, Y., Ren, Y. and Li, B. (2020). In vitro gastric emptying characteristics of konjac glucomannan with different viscosity and its effects… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343641133_In_vitro_gastric_emptying_characteristics_of_konjac_glucomannan_with_different_viscosity_and_its_effects_on_appetite_regulation.
- Soares, R. and Ângela Castro Resende (2016). Cardiovascular and Metabolic Effects of Açaí, an Amazon Plant. Journal of Cardiovascular Pharmacology, [online] 68(1), pp.19–26. doi:https://doi.org/10.1097/fjc.0000000000000347.
- Boachie, J., Antonysunil Adaikalakoteswari, Jinous Samavat and Ponnusamy Saravanan (2020). Low Vitamin B12 and Lipid Metabolism: Evidence from Pre-Clinical and Clinical Studies. Nutrients, [online] 12(7), pp.1925–1925. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12071925.
- Benites‐Zapata, V.A., Ignacio-Cconchoy, F.L., Ulloque-Badaracco, J.R., Hernández-Bustamante, E.A., Alarcón-Braga, E.A., Al‐kassab‐Córdova, A. and Herrera‐Añazco, P. (2023). Vitamin B12 levels in thyroid disorders: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Frontiers in Endocrinology, [online] 14. doi:https://doi.org/10.3389/fendo.2023.1070592.
- Moretti, A., Paoletta, M., Liguori, S., Bertone, M., Toro, G. and Iolascon, G. (2020). Choline: An Essential Nutrient for Skeletal Muscle. Nutrients, [online] 12(7), pp.2144–2144. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12072144.
- Kennedy, D.O. (2016). B Vitamins and the Brain: Mechanisms, Dose and Efficacy—A Review. Nutrients, [online] 8(2), pp.68–68. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu8020068.
- Hegde, S. and K. Shyam Prasad (2021). Supplementation of green coffee bean extract in healthy overweight subjects increases lean mass/fat mass… [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350180051_Supplementation_of_green_coffee_bean_extract_in_healthy_overweight_subjects_increases_lean_massfat_mass_ratio_A_randomized_double-blind_clinical_study.
- Keithley, J.K., Swanson, B., Mikolaitis, S. and Jehan-Marie Adamji (2013). Safety and Efficacy of Glucomannan for Weight Loss in Overweight and Moderately Obese Adults. [online] ResearchGate. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/260063391_Safety_and_Efficacy_of_Glucomannan_for_Weight_Loss_in_Overweight_and_Moderately_Obese_Adults.
- Arias, N., Arboleya, S., Allison, J., Aleksandra Kaliszewska, Higarza, S.G., Gueimonde, M. and Árias, J.L. (2020). The Relationship between Choline Bioavailability from Diet, Intestinal Microbiota Composition, and Its Modulation of Human Diseases. Nutrients, [online] 12(8), pp.2340–2340. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12082340.
- Seliem, E.M., Azab, M., Ismail, R., Abeer Nafeaa, Alotaibi, B.S. and Negm, W.A. (2022). Green Coffee Bean Extract Normalize Obesity-Induced Alterations of Metabolic Parameters in Rats by Upregulating Adiponectin and GLUT4 Levels and Reducing RBP-4 and HOMA-IR. Life, [online] 12(5), pp.693–693. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/life12050693.
- Yohannes Tsegyie Wondmkun (2020). Obesity, Insulin Resistance, and Type 2 Diabetes: Associations and Therapeutic Implications. Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity: Targets and Therapy, [online] Volume 13, pp.3611–3616. doi:https://doi.org/10.2147/dmso.s275898.
- Naomi, R., Soo Huat Teoh, Hashim Embong, Santhra Segaran Balan, Othman, F., Hasnah Bahari and Muhammad Dain Yazid (2023). The Role of Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in Obesity and Its Impact on Cognitive Impairments—A Narrative Review. Antioxidants, [online] 12(5), pp.1071–1071. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox12051071.
- Saba Mohammadpour, Mohammad Reza Amini, Hossein Shahinfar, Aliyu Tijani Jibril, Mahshid Shahavandi, Parivash Ghorbaninejad, Kurosh Djafarian and Sakineh Shab‐Bidar (2020). Effects of glucomannan supplementation on weight loss in overweight and obese adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Obesity Medicine, [online] 19, pp.100276–100276. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obmed.2020.100276.
- Zduńska, A., Cegielska, J., Zduński, S. and Izabela Domitrz (2023). Caffeine for Headaches: Helpful or Harmful? A Brief Review of the Literature. Nutrients, [online] 15(14), pp.3170–3170. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/nu15143170.