This Update contains links to full-text environmental health articles, abstracts of recent studies and links to full-text project and research reports. Click on the underlined text to link to the article or report.
WHO Bulletin – Volume 81, Number 7, July 2003
- Editorial: Science and the health of the poor – Jong-Wook Lee [pdf 37.9Kb0]
- Bayesian predictive model of onchocherciasis in the Amazonian focus – Helene Carabin et al. [pdf 970Kb]
- Management of severely ill children at first-level health facilities in sub-Saharan Africa – Eric A.F. Simoes et al. [pdf 743Kb]
- Poverty, equity, human rights and health – Paula Braveman & Sofia Gruskin
- More Articles:
Emerging Infectious Diseases – August 2003
- Nonmalarial Infant Deaths and DDT Use for Malaria Control, A. Chen and W.J. Rogan
- Upcoming Conferences on Infectious Diseases
Abstracts of Recent Studies
- Cholera, diarrhea, and oral rehydration therapy: triumph and indictment. Guerrant RL, Carneiro-Filho BA, Dillingham RA. Clin Infect Dis. 2003 Aug 1;37(3):398-405.
- Antibodies in mother’s milk protect children against giardiasis.
Tellez A, Winiecka-Krusnell J, Paniagua M, Linder E. Scand J Infect Dis. 2003;35(5):322-5.
- Domestic hygiene behaviour of mothers with children aged 0-5 years old in Tayabo village, Nueva Ecija, the Philippines. Sakisaka K, Wakai S, Wongkhomthong SA.
Asia Pac J Public Health. 2002;14(2):91-8..
- Association between parasitic intestinal infections and acute or chronic diarrhoea in HIV-infected patients in Caracas, Venezuela. Arenas-Pinto A, Certad G, Ferrara G, Castro J, Bello MA, Nunez LT. Int J STD AIDS. 2003 Jul;14(7):487-92.
- EHP – Reaching an Expanded Audience with Environmental Health Information, Global HealthLink, June 2003.
- EHP – When the Whole is Greater than the Sum of its Parts: Integrated Indicators for Population-Environment Programs, PECS News, Spring 2003.
- IIED – WSSD: Was it worthwhile? A new IIED paper reviewing the achievements and challenges of the Johannesburg Summit is now available online.
- Population Reference Bureau – 2003 World Population Data Sheet.
- External evaluation of the USAID malaria vaccine develoment project, 2003.
- USAID – Measuring the burden of disease and economic consequences of tuberculosis in the Philippines, 2003.
- WEDC – Willingness-to-pay Surveys A streamlined approach. Guidance notes for small town water services
- WSP – Meeting The Financing Challenge For Water Supply And Sanitation. Incentives To Promote Reforms, Leverage Resources, and Improve Targeting, Meera Mehta, 2003.
- WSP – Water Tariffs and Subsidies in South Asia Paper 1, Understanding the Basics
- WSP – Water Tariffs and Subsidies in South Asia Paper 2, A Scorecard for India
- WSP – Independent Water Entrepreneurs in Latin America. The other private sector in water services, by Tova María Solo.
- WSP – Building Gender Equity. Methodologies and instruments for its inclusion in water and sanitation projects. Spanish.
- WSP – Participatory Methodologies for Hygiene Education. The adaptation of PHAST to Andean rural communities in Peru. Spanish.
- FAO – Database of national water legislation
E-health has strict sourcing guidelines and relies on peer-reviewed studies, academic research institutions, and medical associations. We work mostly with peer-reviewed studies to ensure accurate information. We avoid using tertiary references. You can learn more about how we ensure our content is accurate and current by reading our editorial policy.