The Environmental Health at USAID web site is committed to providing quality information and service to our web site users while protecting their privacy.
- Users do not have to give personal information to visit the web site.
- We do not give, sell, or transfer any personal information to a third party.
- A visitor to the web site may decide to send personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment. We use personally identifying information from e-mail only to respond to a visitor's request or comment.
- We do not enable “cookies.” (A cookie is a file placed on a users's hard drive by a web site that allows it to monitor usage of the site)
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The Environmental Health at USAID web site uses a software package that provides statistics on web site usage. This includes:
- The date and time of site access
- The pages viewed during a user's visit to the site
- The name of the domain from which a user accesses the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account, or iowa.edu if you are connecting from the University of Iowa's domain).
- The Internet address of the web site which links a user to the Environmental Health at USAID web site.
Statistical information on web site usage is used only to improve the site and make it more useful to our users.